Last updated: 06/06/2017
our) operates VESvault.com with includes our Viral Encrypted Security (VES) technology. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
Information Collected and Created
- While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, email address, and affiliation with business entities (
- In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this information.
- In accordance of providing you with our services, and in particular the ability to manage the access rights you share with other people (
Shared Users) for your Apps such as document storage services, we collect identification information for these people, such as name and email address. This information becomes available when you connect these Apps to VESvault.
- Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (
Log Data). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol (
IP) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- Viral Encrypted Security (VES) information
- We do not collect or save any unencrypted versions of the information that you encrypt using VES. We do not collect or save any unencrypted versions of the encryption keys used to access your encrypted information using VES. We cannot use any of the information saved by you to decrypt or access any of your encrypted information.
- While your information is either being encrypted or decrypted with VES, we temporarily have possession of the unencrypted information while executing the encryption/decryption process, but none of this information is stored or shared. If you are storing the encrypted information with a third party storage Service Provider, the Service Provider never comes in contact with any of your unencrypted information as the Service Provider has no involvement with the encryption/decryption processes.
- VESrecovery Recovery Keys
- When you chose to setup VESrecovery, we randomly create a Recovery Key which can be used to decrypt your encrypted information solely for the purpose of giving your lost information back to you should you lose your Master Key. The Recovery Key is immediately encrypted, and possibly scrambled, and then deposited in the VESvaults of your pre-selected Friends. We do not keep an unencrypted copy of this Recovery Key, nor do we have the means to decrypt it from your Friends’profiles. Only your Friend can enable this key to be decrypted by manually entering their MKs. Once they do so, we can then re-encrypt the Recovery Key with your new asymmetric public encryption key and deposit in your VESvault where it will remain until you enter your new Master Key to decrypt it and Recover your lost information. We do not store or share your Recovery Key while it is in an unencrypted state. Also, even in an unencrypted state, your Recovery Key cannot be used by anyone, including you, to manually access your VESvault through an Internet browser. It can only be used by our automatic process, to which there is no front-end GUI, to decrypt another encryption key which can them be used to access your information.
- When you select that more than one
Friend is needed to assist you in Distributed Recovery for VESrecovery, you are sharing Scrambled Recovery Tokens (
Tokens) with these Friends and not the Recovery Key itself. In an unencrypted state, these tokens are unusable in replicating a Recovery Key. Using the principles of linear algebra in that multiple independent equations are needed to solve for multiple variables, multiple Tokens must be combined before they can be unscrambled into a usable Recovery Key, while the process of unscrambling any single Token by itself approximately as complex as breaking state of the art encryption. All of this can only be achieved by you manually entering your personal and private encryption Master Key.
We do not share your information with any third parties, including companies, groups, individuals or organizations unless you have given your consent, or when legally required. We may share the information we have with third parties if we have good reason to believe that sharing your information is needed to: meet applicable laws, regulations or enforceable governmental requests; enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; address fraud, security or technical issues; intervene against harm to the rights, property or safety of any party connected to VESvault or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with notifications related to the Site services.
We may send automated emails to your email address. We will not send emails to any email address and the email addresses of the accounts connected to any files or folders shared with your account, or linked to your account through third party connectivity, except for the following cases:
- You share a VESvault encrypted file with the user,
- You update a VESvault encrypted file shared with the user,
- You apply VESvault encryption to a file that has been previously shared with the user.
Additionally, we may occasionally contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that are related to our Site. You can opt out from those emails at any time.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use
cookies to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
All Personal Information is stored and transmitted in compliance with the current industry standards and security practices.